Drums make up the rhythm section in the band.
Our courses focus on a feeling of mastery and joy of playing, and the teaching takes place in a safe environment, in groups of up to three participants. Large parts of the courses will be arranged according to the level of the participants. Drum kits are on site, but drumsticks are brought along.
In the beginner course, drums level 1, you get an introduction to the percussion as an instrument, and you learn up and down rigs. We work with simple rhythms and train playing technique. Through exercises you get the basic knowledge of the instrument you need. During the course you will play, alone or with others. The course will give you what you need to get started with drumming.
On the course for advanced students, Drums 2, is a continuation of drums 1. Here it becomes more challenging both technically and musically. We practice techniques such as parades and doubles. We recommend two beginner courses before signing up for this course. Through exercises you get the basic knowledge of the instrument you need. During the course you will play, alone or with others. The course will give you what you need to get started with drumming.
Practical about the course
- The course has 3 places with drum kits for each course participant, and you only bring your own drumsticks. You can buy drumsticks at ProPerc at Grieghallen, 4sound or Gitarhuset. Find a type that is good to play with. They come in different thicknesses.
- There will be earplugs in the course room during the course, but we recommend that you have your own earplugs for self-practice.
- Included in the course price is a compendium with practical info about the instrument and exercises.
- It is possible to practice for free in AKKS ‘rehearsal rooms between the course days, Monday to Friday before kl. 17:00 and on weekends.
- The course runs over 6 times with 1.5 hours of teaching (incl. Break) each course day.
- The course is held at USF Verftet, Room A, 2nd floor.
AKKS course for us with disabilities
If you need to bring an assistant or companion to the course, state this in the registration form and we can arrange for this. Unfortunately, our course rooms are not wheelchair accessible. Feel free to get in touch and we can look at how we can arrange for you to participate.
We have four type of courses:
- Youth course 12 to 16 years
- Ordinary courses from 15 years- no no upper age limits.
Our courses focus the joy of playing music, as well as mastering the instrument on every step of the way. The teaching takes place in a safe environment, in groups of up to five participants. Large parts of the courses will be arranged according to the level of the participants.
To see when the next gitar course will start and to sign up for the course please visit out Norwegian page:
See our Norwegian page for information.
Music activity for everyone
AKKS Bergen does not want economics to stand in the way of participation at our courses. We therefore have a limited number of places that are free for those under 18 and where the family has limited finances. To use this offer, you select this at the courseregistration form. If you have the Activity Card from Bergen kommune, this can also be used with us. If you have any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. This is supported by BUFDIR.
If you have any questions, please contact us at email@example.com.