The AKKS DJ course teaches you everything you need to get started as a DJ!
All AKKS ‘courses focus on a feeling of mastery and joy of playing, and the teaching takes place in a safe environment in groups of three participants. To get the most out of the course, we recommend that you practice between the course days.
In the course for beginners, DJ level 1, you get an introduction to setting up and using DJ equipment. We go through how to set ip the DJ-sett and the different functions of the mixer. You will then learn about BPM, how to mix and beat mix. Beat mixing is the art of mixing two songs into each other at the same tempo. You manipulate the tempo of the songs and mix them into each other to create smooth transitions. Suitable music genres: House, techno, trance, dubstep, drum & bass, disco, EDM, hardstyle and the like.
At DJ level 2, is for you who know the basics and are looking to further develop your knowledge. Here we work on cultivating our own sound and go deeper into the creative role as a DJ. One should have knowledge of BPM and how to beat mix to attend this course.
Practical about the course
- Included in the course price is a compendium with practical info and exercises on dj-ing.
- Bring a memory stick with 10 songs in roughly the same genre and tempo. It is an advantage if you have your own computer on the first course with downloaded Rekordbox software from rekordbox.com.
- The teaching takes place in groups of a maximum of 3 participants, where the participants share a set.
- The course runs over 6 times with 1.5 hours of teaching (incl. Break) each course day.
- It is possible to practice for free in AKKS ‘rehearsal rooms between the course days, Monday to Friday before kl. 17.00 and on weekends for course participants. Here you get the opportunity to practice on your own on the rigged set.
- Each semester ends with a DJ-night where participants are offered to play live.
AKKS course for us with disabilities
If you need to bring an assistant or companion to the course, state this in the registration form and we can arrange for this. Unfortunately, our course rooms are not wheelchair accessible. Feel free to get in touch and we can look at how we can arrange for you to participate.
We have three type of courses:
- Youth course 12 to 16 years
- Beginners courses from 15 years- no no upper age limits.
- Advance courses from 15 years- no no upper age limits.
Our courses focus the joy of playing music, as well as mastering the instrument on every step of the way. The teaching takes place in a safe environment, in groups of up to five participants. Large parts of the courses will be arranged according to the level of the participants.
To see when the next DJ-course will start and to sign up for the course please visit out Norwegian page:
See our Norwegian page for information.
Music activity for everyone
AKKS Bergen does not want economics to stand in the way of participation at our courses. We therefore have a limited number of places that are free for those under 18 and where the family has limited finances. To use this offer, you select this at the courseregistration form. If you have the Activity Card from Bergen kommune, this can also be used with us. If you have any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. This is supported by BUFDIR.
If you have any questions, please contact us at email@example.com.