Our electronic music course gives you an introduction to sound design, the process of song-building, and how to compose a melody within the electronic genre.
All AKKS ‘courses focus on a feeling of mastery and joy of playing, and the teaching takes place in a safe environment in groups of up to four participants. In this course, each participant must bring their own laptop with software to arrange and produce music. Large parts of the course will be arranged according to the level of the participants.
The course for beginners, electronic music course level 1, is suitable for you who are fairly new to Ableton Live, Protools or similar music software. In the course for beginners, we will help you get started with the song process. You will get an introduction to sound design, songwriting processes and composition of melody within the electronics genre. Together with the other participants, we will challenge ourselves creatively and learn from each other. The goal is to complete a song by the end of the course.
Electronic music course level is for you who have already finished a song or two in Ableton Live, Protools or similar music software. Here we work to find your personal expression, share tips and experiences. Together with the other participants, we will challenge ourselves creatively and learn from each other. The goal is to complete a song by the end of the course.
Practical about the course
- Included in the course price is a compendium with practical info and tips on music production.
- Each participant must bring headphones and their own PC with software to arrange and produce music, also called Digital Audio Workstation. You can use Protools, Cubase or Ableton Live. It is possible to download a free demo version of Ableton Live that lasts for 90 days. If you do not have or do not have the opportunity to purchase the Ableton Live software, you can obtain an Ableton Live license from us. Contact us.
- AKKS Bergen has sound cards and Korg Minilogue analog synthesizers that can be used during the course.
- The teaching takes place in groups of a maximum of 4 participants.
- To get the most out of the course, we recommend that participants work on their own between course days.
- The course runs over 6 times with 1.5 hours of teaching (incl. Break) each course day.
AKKS course for us with disabilities
If you need to bring an assistant or companion to the course, state this in the registration form and we can arrange for this. Unfortunately, our course rooms are not wheelchair accessible. Feel free to get in touch and we can look at how we can arrange for you to participate.
Our courses focus the joy of playing music, as well as mastering the instrument on every step of the way. The teaching takes place in a safe environment, in groups of up to five participants. Large parts of the courses will be arranged according to the level of the participants. This course has a lower age limit 15 years and no upper age limits.
To see when the next course will start and to sign up for the course please visit out Norwegian page:
See our Norwegian page for information.
Music activity for everyone
AKKS Bergen does not want economics to stand in the way of participation at our courses. We therefore have a limited number of places that are free for those under 18 and where the family has limited finances. To use this offer, you select this at the courseregistration form. If you have the Activity Card from Bergen kommune, this can also be used with us. If you have any questions, please contact us at email@example.com. This is supported by BUFDIR.
If you have any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.