The bass player ties together the melody and the rhythm in the band, whether it’s pop, rock, metal, jazz or hip hop.
At AKKS’s bass course, we go through different styles and techniques.
In the beginner course, bass level 1, you get an introduction to basic bass playing; we practice different techniques, scales and basslines and play simple songs. Through exercises you will get the basic knowledge of the instrument you need. During the course you will play, alone or with others. The course will give you what you need to get started with bass playing and playing songs.
In the advanced course, bass level 2, we work with more advanced techniques and styles, improvisation and we play more challenging songs. Through exercises we work to develop scope, technique, speed and intonation so that you develop as an instrumentalist. In addition, “slapping” and “popping” are tested. Through exercises we work to developtechnique, speed and intonation so that you develop as an instrumentalist. The course gives you the musical development needed to become a better performer on your instrument. We recommend two beginners’ courses to participate on the advance course, or that you already can some chords and play some songs.
All our courses focus on the joy of playing music, as well as mastering the instrument on every step of the way. The courses are usually in small groups consisting of 3 to 5 participants.
Our courses are largely tailored to the skills of the participants. The courses are originally in Norwegian but can be adapted to accommodate the English speaking students. To see when the next gitar course will start and to sign up for the course please visit our Norwegian page.
Info about the course
- Bring your own bass, jack cable and tuner. Amps are available at the course.
- It is possible to rent bass if you don’t have. More information about renting an instrument here.
- The course have groups of up to 5 participants, where each participant have their own amplifier.
- The course is being held at USF Verftet, on the 4th floor with AKKS’s offices.
- The course goes over 6 times with 2 hours of teaching (including break) each course day. A total of 12 coursehours.
- It is possible to practice free of charge in AKKS’s rehearsal rooms between the course days, Monday to Friday before. 17:00 and on weekends for the course participants.
Prices for instrument, vocal and electronic music courses in autumn 2020
kr. 1 690 * Course fee 25 years or younger or student incl. Membership in AKKS 2020
kr. 1 890 * Course fee 26 years or older including membership in AKKS 2020
kr. 3,000 Course fee if you do not want membership
* If you are already AKKS member, choose course fee without a subscription
Music activity for everyone
AKKS Bergen does not want economics to stand in the way of participation at our courses. We therefore have a limited number of places that are free for those under 18 and where the family has limited finances. To use this offer, you select this at the courseregistration form. If you have the Activity Card from Bergen kommune, this can also be used with us. If you have any questions, please contact us at email@example.com. This is supported by BUFDIR.
If you have any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.